Aug 18, 2011

Homesick already:(

Here are a couple of random photos from my recent trip to the States.  I've been back in Dubai for less than a week, but already miss the familiar faces and comforts of home......

This is an example of successful advertising! As I was walking by a mall bakery at the Natick Collection,  I noticed this sign for Banana Cupcakes.  Next thing I knew, I B-lined it inside and purchased that little morsel of heaven.....it was well worth the calories:) 
On the same trip to the mall, my adorable niece Leila demanded Dunkin Donuts munchkins.  Because I refer to her as "my little munchkin" I thought it appropriate to give in to the request:)  
This beautiful Hirame and ahi tartare with tostadas, cucumber, jalapeno-lime vinaigrette, and wasabi tobiko is reminiscent of my San Francisco trip.....
 I've heard of Stevia before, but haven't seen it in this form.  If you were not informed about this little dieters delight, It will change your perception of sweets.  Stevia is a zero calorie sweetener and has been used for 100's of years by tribes in South America to enhance beverages, medicines, and other treats.  Check out the website for more info on Stevia.....
Another trend that I came across on the West Coast was a street vendor who sold these colorful Jello molds.  They came in a variety of flavors and textures complete with fruits and nuts.
 I am not fond of the gelatin snack, but thought the colors and display were eye catching!
Here's an interesting article on the new trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment