Sep 11, 2011

O.M.G.........Jones the Grocer is my new fave spot in Dubai!

 All I can say is WOW!  This place just hit the spot on so many levels.  This Australian Restaurant concept/Food Emporium not only has a hip, cool, and relaxing aesthetic, but there is a full range of healthy menu items ranging from organic sparkling beverages to breakfast (served until 3) to sandwiches, and hot entrees as well.  And don't even get me started on desserts......there is plenty to go around.

These thirst quenching juices to begin are a MUST! 

They have just the right amount of effervescence to keep you refreshed on a hot summer day.





 My friend and I went for the Jones Special Treat for AED 40.  It includes a bubbly beverage (featured above) a Sandwich, and your choice of Crisps, Fries, or a Green Salad. Not a bad deal! Below is the Goat's Cheese with Roasted Vegetables and Pesto on Ciabatta Bread.
 This sandwich was my particular favorite.  It's Aged Cheddar and Pickled Onion on Multi-Grain Bread with Crispy, Salty, and Delicious French Fries.....and Yes, I ate every last one:) They are actually cooked in Olive Oil, so they are essentially Guilt-Free Fries!

 My other friend enjoyed this Grilled Chicken with Vegetable CousCous and a Roasted Red Pepper Aioli accompanied by a fresh grapefruit juice....Presentation and colors are all on point here also.
 Now after a meal like that, who has room for dessert? Unfortunately, we didn't, but it just gives me another excuse to head back.  I did however manage to peruse the sweets section, and there were some tempting goodies on display.  But these little treats looked unusual.  I've never had chocolate coated organic licorice, have you?
Jones the Grocer is located on Sheikh Zayed Road across from the Times Square Center.  It's easily accessible with plenty of parking. For more information, check out the website below:

www.jonesthegrocer.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice review Saba! It's definitely my new HOT spot too! Muna :-)

    ReplyDelete