Oct 27, 2011

Sneak Peak of my Dinner Party Photo Shoot for Ahlan! Gourmet

Let's start in the kitchen.....

When you're cooking 6 dishes for 9 guest, it can get pretty hectic.  But thankfully my generous friends lent their helping hands, and it all came together.

Next up is the exquisite table setting. All the table ware and dish ware is courtesy of Galleries Lafayette hand selected by yours truly.  The fine details such as the napkins tied with ribbons with little pearl accents, color coordinated drinking straws for the special mocktails and beautiful floral arrangement were sourced from all over the UAE.




The guests arrive and I warmly great them one by one.  Wonho Chung curiously asks me about the menu, and how I manage to look so fabulous despite cooking all day.  My response, "I'm Amazing"!

And last but not least....the food! On the menu this evening were the following items:

  • Cumin Crackers topped with Baked Eggplant and Whipped Burani Yogurt
  • Seasoned White Lentils Stuffed in Zuchini Cups topped with Crispy Fried Onions
  • Seared Scallops with a Curried Cauliflower Puree and Golden Raisin sauce
  • Tamarind Whipped Sweet Potatoes
  • Spicy Cauliflower and Onion Fritters with a Tomato and Pepper Sauce
  • Tea Smoked Tandoori Chicken with Kachumber Salad
  • Spice Glazed Rack of Lamb with an Almond, Nigella, and sesame Crust



And Finally....the Dessert!

A Gorgeous Fig and Frangipan Tart, topped with Cardamom Yogurt Ice Cream. Need I say more......

Check out November's Issue of Ahlan! Gourmet for more on this elegant dinner party (including recipes) plus my regular column covering various topics of interest around Dubai and the UAE!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds Awesome :) Especially Frangipane Tarts are my favourite, I make one with pears and a red wine reduction, but I love figs just as much and sure this tastes delish :))
    Will wait for Ahlan, and check it out for sure ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg- can you invite me along next time, please? Love the sound of those cumin crackers and the tamarind 'whipped' potatoes- funny thing is it all sounds kinda familiar but really new too, in an exciting way:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the posts ladies....The tart exceeded my expectations and my modern interpretation of Pakistani cuisine has been receiving rave reviews for originality and presentation...stay in touch for more on the cook book:)

    ReplyDelete